Sunday, February 9, 2014

Popularity!

MAGPIE 206







Photograph courtesy of Tess Kinkaid, Magpie Tales
http://magpietales.blogspot.com/2014/02/mag-206.html




There was a young blonde named Aurora
Who borrowed the boyfriend's Fedora
The problem arose
When she took off her clothes
And now everyone simply adores her



Barbara M Lake
Trinidad, WI
February 2014


( I thought better of writing my first thought for the last line.  I so wanted to use the words explor 'er  but I thought it may be seen as a little more than risqué and I didn't want to be thrown out of Magpie Tales!)

27 comments:

  1. Clever one Bee...thanks for the giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! The first one was not cute. Raunchy. Might had made more interesting reading!

      Delete
  3. This was a cute witty poem..smiling..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Bee ... don't you know anything goes in Magpie Land? Risqué .. Oh yes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will remind myself of that next time I decide that raunchy is the better way to go!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Had I gone with what I originally wrote, it may not have been seen as cute!!!!. Funny perhaps!! Thank you coming by. You're very welcome!

      Delete
  6. what a very very fun limerick! Hats off to ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It started off as a trilby but I had problems!!!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Belva. She started out as Pandora!

      Delete
  8. This made me smile, it's clever too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it when people smile. Makes my day! Sad to say, there's not enough of it around these days!

      Delete
  9. Ah, I don't see anything wrong with explore 'er. Subtle reference and not foul language, that's for sure. Next time go for choice #1!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am normally an adventurous soul so don't know what happened here! Point take Ginny - thank you!

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you everyone. On rereading some of my earlier Magpies, I know that my standard has dropped! Sorry I didn't get around to all of you. Will try better next week!

    ReplyDelete

You are always welcome here . Thank you for visiting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...